Cheque Book Safety Tips
1. Record all details of cheques issued.
2. Do not leave your cheque book unattended. Always keep it in a safe place, under lock and key.
3. Whenever you receive your cheque book, please count the number of cheque leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
Tips To Fill A Cheque Leaf Correctly
1. Do not sign blank cheques. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
2. Remember to cross your cheque whenever applicable and prevent it from being misused.
3. Always draw a line through any unused space.
4. Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
5. Avoid using cheques with changes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
6. When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write “CANCEL” across the face of the cheque
7. Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.